Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Beginning to Enjoy Cloth Diapering !?


Magnus has been in his GroVia's for 3 weeks now and things are going great! I have to admit though, after a couple of soggy nights in CD's I put Magnus in disposables at bedtime until recently. He sleeps so well and is only up once or twice to nurse which is fine but the thought of wrestling with wet crib bedding at 0300...well I'm sure you get my point.

Daytime use was going well and we had no leak issues. The AI2 system contained even the messiest of messes. I found that changing the soaker every 2-3 hours worked well for us (Magnus isn't a heavy wetter) and at times we managed going 4 hours between changes. His skin was nice and clear with no signs of irritation but unlike some Magnus had no problems with his skin when wearing disposables either.

The one funny thing I should mention but never considered beforehand is how CD's may affect clothing size. Magnus was still in 3-6 month clothing which was getting snug. Once we made the switch to CD's we had to make the jump to 6-9 month clothing(at 6 months he is 15.5 lbs and 24.5 inches).

I can now say and I know I'm not alone on this one, that I'm loving CD'ing. Sure it does take more time, organization, and work but it's something I feel good doing.

Cloth diaper loving Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment